By: Giovanna Russo - RomaoDoes your child need personalized assistance catching up to his classmates or getting ahead of the learning curve? A good instructor will inspire and help students, at all levels of academic accomplishment, and develop study habits and organizational skills which will result in significantly improved schoolwork and test scores. Taking the time to consider whether or not to hire a personal instructor means parents are giving their children an opportunity to excel in the classroom. The purpose of tutoring is to teach children efficient learning skills and techniques. It’s important that parents take action early and seek a supplemental service that develops these skills for success. Sylvan Learning, the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages and skill levels, offers the following signs that your child may need a tutor.
Is Your Child?
• In need of assistance to reach his or her full potential?
• Developing low self-esteem?
• Losing interest in learning?
• Preparing for college testing, including college entrance exams, SAT and ACT tests?
• Struggling to focus on a task (e.g. – spending more time daydreaming than onreading or homework)?
• Receiving test scores that do not reflect his daily performance?
• Interested in enriching herself beyond the classroom?
If you answered yes to any of these questions – your child will benefit from personalized instruction. A good personal instructor will inspire and help students - at all levels of academic accomplishment - develop study habits and organizational skills that will result in significantly improved schoolwork and test scores. Taking the time to consider whether to hire supplemental assistance means parents are giving their children an opportunity to
excel in the classroom - from the very first day of school. When children are successful in school, they build confidence that translates into all areas of their lives, helping them build strong foundations for successful futures.
The purpose of tutoring is to teach children efficient learning skills and techniques to use in the classroom and, ultimately, in the workforce as adults. It is important that parents take action early and seek a reputable supplemental education service – like Sylvan Learning - that creates individual learning plans and develops the skills needed to achieve success. If you notice that your child is struggling with homework at the beginning of the school year, the first step is talking with your child and determining the underlying cause. Once you know the potential source of difficulty, it will be easier to develop a strategy for changing the struggle into success. Even a child who is doing well in the classroom can benefit from outside help to sharpen study and test-taking skills. A supplemental education provider can help your child prepare for a test or obtain academic enrichment in a particular subject.
What Should Parents Look For When Selecting a Tutor?
• Get recommendations from family, friends and teachers.
• Ask prospective instructors for references from previous employers and students. Or, hire a respected supplemental education company, such as Sylvan Learning, with a proven record of unlocking children’s potential to achieve academic success.
• Make sure the instructor is licensed and certified.
• Ask personal instructors how they will help your child master a specific skill.
• Request an assessment to gauge your child’s current level. A good teacher will require that a child learn a specific skill before advancing to the next academic level, and, by utilizing the results of an assessment, you can benchmark your child’s progress.
• Most importantly, ensure the instructor will work with you and your child’s classroom teachers to create a personal learning program based on your child’s current needs and skill gaps. If you’re looking for maximum flexibility, consider online educational services. Look for online programs that offer real-time assistance where students obtain individualized attention and personalized programs taught by highly trained and certified teachers – from the convenience of home. For example, Sylvan Learning offers Sylvan Online - live, online instruction in reading and math for students in grades three through eight. Visit the “Why Sylvan Works” area of www.SylvanLearning.com to learn more about the benefits of Sylvan Online. Although parents may not have the necessary skills to teach their children mastery learning techniques, they can take the right step by obtaining the proper academic help.
For more educational resources for children in grades pre-K through 12, please visit www.SylvanLearning.com, email Windsor Sylvan Learning Centre at Sylvan.email@example.com or call 519 944 8018.